1/14/11

LEGO Ninjago 853111 Special Edition Sensei Wu


A trip to the LEGO Store today yielded a couple of additional Ninjago sets, including set 853111, the Special Edition Sensei Wu Training Pack. Priced at $14.99 USD, the pack seemed a little steep, especially since you just get a single minfigure. Once I opened the pack, however, I changed my mind.


The minifig is just the standard Sensei Wu that comes with set 2504, Spinjitzu Dojo, no special print or accessories.


There are two special cards including a 3D Master Wu character card and a gold battle card (Force Field).


The part that tipped the scales for me were the weapon elements. The highlights include green and blue energy bolts, a glow-in-the-dark tendril, black light saber handles, and curved lightsaber handles. There's also a gray version of the five link chain, a new part.

To date I've only seen this at LEGO Stores, even Shop at Home doesn't carry them...yet. Hopefully this helps you decide if these are right for you.

On a separate but related topic, I watched the two Ninjago cartoon episodes tonight with my sons. Nothing terribly innovative, but I'm certain younger children will enjoy it. If you missed the episodes on Cartoon Network (US) this evening, then you have another opportunity to watch January 15th at 11 am and 2 pm EST.

11 comments:

  1. I don't know...those weapons look pretty underwhelming to me. The fig is Chinese, isn't it? I believe all the battlepacks are, though if it wasn't, that MIGHT help improve on the cost of the thing. It's mainly targeted at parents who don't know better, I think, like the other similar packs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special Edition and the neither the fig nor accessories are special? Talk about false advertising Lego. Thanks for the heads up.

    -Omi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's cool to have the Master Wu card... and Master Wu... very cool minifig. But why would they not give you 5 cards and a spinner like the other sets... this is just dumb.
    They need to work on the whole spinner game some more.
    Same deal with the skeleton spinner sets... they don't even come with their hats... seriously can we get the complete product?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a HUGE fan of lego and ninjago, and the sets are a lot of fun. I have only seen this on your website and it looks really cool, I might even pay $20.00 for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does it come with a spinner?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any golden weapons?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately it doesn't come with a spinner and no golden weapons, but it does have some unique accessories that don't come in the main sets or the Master Wu spinner set.

    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. let me say, sensei is not a chinese fig he's a japanese fig.

    But this is so cool but I don't have it.

    I only have Dragon version.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool lul

    if you want to find me, i'm in the hospital, near by the freedom statau

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think it stinks like poo. the energy bolts are cool

    ReplyDelete