Let me start this out by saying, "this is NOT my work". These are only links to the individual posts where the tutorials reside. I'm only collecting these here for ease of navigation.
The tutorials appear to be what's left of The Minifig Customization Network, a website jointly developed by Redbean and Kaminoan. If anyone has more on this story, I would love to hear it...
If you google the site, you're likely to end up here, but many of the links are gone. The last updates happening back in September 2009. I don't exactly know what happened (A swarm of locusts perhaps?), but there's still gold to mine from the site's previous incarnation.
Each article contains a byline by the original author. Much thanks to those authors and the work that has come before.
- Conceptualizing a Custom Minifig by Redbean
- How to Create Decals in Draw Plus by Daredevil
- Creating Torso Stickers that Shine by fry_slayer
- Working with Water Slide Decals by Redbean
- Creating Awesome Heraldic Shields by Legofreak
- Decal Creation 101 by Kaminoan
- Downloading and Using MCN's Decals by Redbean
- LED Replacement by Brickmodder
- Silicone Mold Making for Casting Custom Parts by Recluce
- Creating Your Own Custom Shield by Pharazon
- Tutorial on Custom Lightsabers by Deathstickman
- Making Custom LEGO Elements by Norbert Black
- Creating Custom Accessories by Redbean
- Creating Custom Fabric Elements for LEGO Minifigures by Norbert Black